CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

San Diego Weekend

I just returned from a lovely weekend in Encinitas (San Diego area) staying with my oh so accommodating sister, Arlene and her husband Ron. Her beautifully remodeled home had me ready to move in for good, but eventually I had to leave the beach and palm trees and sunny weather behind and head back home to the chill of fall in Utah.


Arlene and Jenny picked me up from the airport and after a nice seafood lunch at the bay-side, we took a drive to the old neighborhood. This is looking down the street towards the beach from my first home on Del Mar Street.

I had to get a picture of this house just a half a block up from our old home. It's a cute Cotswold re-creation selling for just 1.7 million!


After dropping Jenny off at work we took a little stroll down to Sunset Beach.


Post funeral - this is a shot of Uncle Thayne's family - my cousins and their children and their children. It was so great to see family members that I haven't laid eyes on in years.



Arlene and I took another drive out to Point Loma to see the light house and the view through the fog/haze.



We had a little bit of a surprise the day after the funeral we got a call from Tina and Ruby that they were there a day late. Oops! Oh well, it was great to see them again. Ruby is our favorite! and at 86 still as spunky as ever!


Out to lunch with Tina and Ruby, Arlene and Jenny.



On my last day in So Cal I had to spend on the beach to really maximize the de-stressing of the whole weekend. Jenny was kind enough to hang out with me for the afternoon. We had a great time chatting in the sun and diving in the surf.

Jenny's new car!
Kidding.
There was a "woody" car show going on at the beach that day.


I guess all good things must come to an end.
Thanks again Arlene, Ron and Jenny!

0 comments: